Monday, March 30, 2015

Arizona State Baseballer Cory Hahn's Inspirational Story

XXX _DEC 319.JPG S BBN USA AZ
Four years after he was paralyzed during  a college game, Cory Hahn, with help of his father, Dale, is working in the Scouting Department of  the Arizona Diamondbacks . (Photo: Joe Camporeale, USA TODAY Sports)
From USA Today
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - Cory Hahn looks out over the left-field wall, onto the baseball diamond below his Arizona Diamondbacks office, and his mind starts drifting.
Maybe one day he'll stop fantasizing of what could have been. But he's too young, and the memory is too fresh.
"I still think about it daily," Hahn tells USA TODAY Sports. "Really, I think about it all of the time, because there's so many reminders. A lot of it is, 'If I never got hurt, where would I be at this moment? What would I be doing? How good would I be?'
"But I try not to dwell on it too much, because I realize it distracts me from what's really happening in life. You just lose focus."
Hahn blinks and looks away.
He truly believed he'd be playing in the major leagues by now.
Yet after graduating with an economics degree from Arizona State and landing a job in the Diamondbacks scouting department, he has a much grander goal in mind: He wants to walk again.
Hahn is a quadriplegic, paralyzed from his mid-chest to his toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment